There's Something About Mary

Apr 28, 2006

Full Moon... Full of Romance?

This entire day has been completely filled with a string of unlikely people suddenly getting together out of the blue. Maybe it's a full moon? Maybe it's the rain? Maybe it has nothing to do with anything vaguely meterological? Yet for the first time in my life, I channeled Jane Austen as I tuned into several scattered conversations around the room at school, the adolescent mating grounds. Obviously there was a lack of the Austen wit while I recorded my thoughts, some pertaining to the conversations and some pertaining to nothing. It's things like this that make me realize that I'm definitely not ready for a serious relationship. How can one deal with one's own aztecian relationship when one's mind boils over with just snippets of others' budding romances? My romantic lethargy is going to catch up with me in the near future. I know I need to work on building relationships and not just waiting for the "one" to appear. But at this point, I can only bring myself to stick a toe in this emotional sea. My whole foot's gonna have to wait for another time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure there wasn't a full moon.
but things are getting pretty weird.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home