A Merry SAD Day to all!
Most have branded it as Single Awareness Day. Even though they may not want to admit it, there's a TWINGE of self-pity stuck in between single and day. As for me, I prefer Single and Delici0us. Maybe it's because I'm still in the spring of my life or I haven't yet felt the full force of a break-up --> singletondom (rejection in general, totally different story). Until I begin listening to Sad FM in my pajamas and drinking red wine (ok... Welches Grape Juice) straight from the bottle, I will embrace Valentine's Day for what it is, a day for love. To all the people in my life who don't ever hear this from me... I love you. I feel like huge sap saying those three words just once (even on a blog with a readership too low to write out), when people around me are spraying it out like rotating sprinklers, trying to cover as much grass as possible. Quality, not quantity.
There were quite a few people feeling the mood today, as it seemed. So much so that I was even greeted with a little V-Day present at my seat. In case I wasn't in the mood already, someone made sure I would be by leaving me an unused prophylactic, wrapper intact (how generous and hygienic), to ensure my health and safety. Chocolate is an aphrodisiac, not an unopened condom. I don't think I'm going to sit at that spot on Tuesday.
Tonight we went to go see Enchanted and as the big sentimental goober that I am, I smiled so much that my cheek muscles stayed in a cracked position for a few minutes after the movie ended. I'm a total sucker when it comes to Happily Ever After and true love's kiss. It can't be helped. I melting in a tooth-achingly sweet pool of sap. I will wait for my Mr. Darcy. Ahh... My Mr. Darcy.


4 Comments:
call meeee.
i want to hear about your 20th celebration!
I love you mary!
This comment has been removed by the author.
you have officially got me ADDICTED to food blogs.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home